Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hello Ms. Cantwell's CBES Kindergarten Class

Hello!!
How is everyone doing? I have to admit I really miss being in the classroom with you and teaching you. Have you received any special phone calls in the hallway during bathroom break?

I wanted to let you know I made it safe to San Pedro, Belize. We had to take 3 different planes to get here. The last one was really small, it only had ten seats on it. I was a little scared, but it was cool. While flying in the small plane, the pilot took us over the ocean and I saw manatees, sting rays and nurse sharks. The sting rays were my favorite to watch swim.


The school I am teaching at is called 'Isla Bonita Elementary'. Can you say that? Isla Bonita means 'pretty island.' That is a cool name for an school, huh? Guess what? I only have 9 students in my class. It is really small but the classroom is not very big. The students only have desks to sit in. No carpet for calendar and no cubes or shapes to play with. Do you think school would be the same if you only had a notebook and pencil? That would be different, right? You know how Ms. Cantwell and Mrs. Kuffel always tell you how important writing is? Well at the Isla Bonita school that is all the students do all day. That is a lot of writing.


For lunch time the students are served rice and beans. They are really yummy. And they are given popsicles... with soda in it! I bet everyone would really like those, especially Jadon and Hailey.


Well, I thought I would stop in and say hello. If you any of you have questions, write them down and I will try and answer them for you. I also added some pictures from the last day.


Thank you again for everything. I will be in touch. Miss you guys... keep up those green cards!

Ms. Brenton

No comments:

Post a Comment